First LEGO League
By: Rob Adams on August 6, 2014
We are starting our First LEGO League Registrations! We expect to run 4 teams this year, and a Jr. First LEGO League Team. Here is some pertinent information.
- The age range for First LEGO League is 9-14. Participants who turn 15 before January 1 2014 cannot compete in FLL. Those who turn 9 anytime in 2014 can.
- The age range for Jr. First LEGO League is 7-8.
- MindGear provides a coach and assistant coach. One parent will need to volunteer as team parent and participate in each team session – mainly coaching the team project
- Cost is $200, covers all coaching expenses through the regional competition, materials for team project, team t-shirts, registration fees, and competition kit
- MindGear provides a Mindstorms Teacher Edition EV3 with expansion set for each team. MindGear retains the kit after the season is over
- There will be an additional expense if the team reaches the state competition.
- MindGear will hold an open mock competition for our teams before the regional competition season.
For the year 2014 MiindGear anticipates running 2 regular FLL teams, 1 homeschool FLL team, 1 girls only FLL team and 1 Jr FLL team. We expect these slots to go quickly so register now!